1. I’m Canadian. It was eggs or oatmeal for breakfast this morning, and I chose eggs. Celebratory scrambled eggs. Calm joy surrounds me this morning, simply because I am not an American.
2. There ain’t no end to stupid. Wait and see.
3. Empires fall. Sometimes they fall because a stupid, nasty clown isn’t stopped in time. Clowns draw more clowns to them. Sadly, some clowns are marauding Orcs. Sometimes even Orc-infested empires rebound and get back to business and shake off the interruption. Sometimes.
4. Russia (Vladimir Putin) is happy, because Donald Tr*mp is such a bumptious unsophisticate.
5. China is happier. They, apparently, hold Donald’s loans. No telling what he’ll do for them now.
6. “No new taxes. Read my lips.” You reap what you sow. Hey, Congress. You reap. Reap, reap.
7. This is what happens when you deregulate banking. This is what happens when you let bankers bet on bets and compete to bet on those bets, and don’t jail anybody for the thefts and resulting economic crashes.
7a. Money, celebrity, celebrity, money. Fluff. What IS the cost of a pound of butter?
8. My antidepressant medications, in combination, are marvellous. I’m taking Citalopram and a generic Wellbutrin (bupropion?) in combination, and for the first time in my life, I feel like myself, unshadowed. Since January! I checked the American election results when I woke up at 6:15 this morning, and said, “Huh.” If you are carrying anxiety and/or depression, don’t give up, don’t give up, don’t give up – it could take YEARS AND YEARS – until you can acknowledge Donald Tr*mp actually has a job now, and that job is to replace Barack Obama, and you don’t throw up.
9. Some Americans have a nasty, nasty side. The entire world has known this forever. Now we see the blatant hate of a lot of ordinary, small people, and for absolutely no reason except fear of the unknown, and fear of loss of privilege many of them have never really had. If you’re African-American, Latino or Latina, Asian, not “Christian”, Jewish, Muslim, LGBTQ, First Nations, environmentalist, educated, liberal, erudite, travelled, working for the common good, or – oh, ho! – an injured war vet, elderly, ill, or THE WORST THING EVER, a “less than 10” woman, you’ve got your job cut out for you for at least four years. Amazingly, the suffering Tr*mp supporters have inflicted on themselves may be a good thing in the long run.
10. All that money Americans didn’t spend on education will be spent settling lawsuits later.
11. Many so-called “banana republics” have many lovely, hard-working, kind, middle-class people who are educated and dedicated to “lifting everyone’s boat”. Those of you who hoped Hillary Clinton would be your President are now those people. The world knows you’re there. Fix this mess.
12. All hail, the Free Press! Journalists, your prospects have changed. The opportunities that have arisen overnight could revolutionize news. Do your jobs. Report, illustrate, show, draw, satirize, accuse, prove, and prosecute. Leave no stone unturned. Light! Information! Awareness! Work! Change for good! Otherwise: Turkey. (There are great journalists in Turkey. Many of them are in horrible jails. Ditto, Iran. Don’t get me going, the geography is unending. In Russia, they’re dead.)(Don’t mention China. They’re holding Donald’s loans.) Journalists! We expect investigative reports indicting these recently elected liars and criminals IMMEDIATELY.
12a.I confess to knowing nothing about Keith OLBERMANN prior to his GQ “The Closer” broadcasts, which I have watched with awe and admiration over the last two months on YouTube. I want to see a lot more of that, from a lot more news sources. Unabashed, logical, heartfelt truths. Spoken out loud, accusatorily, in expectation of an intelligent (however unlikely) response. There must be backlash against people who wear “Killary” tee shirts, and are happy a grotesque pussy-grabber is entrusted with the highest political office in your land.
13. A Toronto Star reporter, Danial Dale, recently numerated most of Tr*mp’s “mistruths”. That word makes me sad.
14. I used to live in Toronto. Rob Ford is dead now, and his Mayorlty long gone. Toronto survived.
15. Germany survived. Maybe America needs to be that embarrassed, but why endure the costs?
16. Jesus, the mythological, weeps. Maybe. The American Tr*mp Jesus is in a solid gold bed with a pile of coke and a couple of underage wh-
Wait a minute!
Jesus, the real guy, whatever his real name was, never voted, and he’s dead so we can’t ask him what he thinks, BUT he was a Jew and he didn’t like the rich much. Hmmmn.
17. This OxyContin/fentanyl thing may just sort itself out whe Tr*mp voters find out their lives and their economic prospects just got worse.
Of course that is heartless. Did anyone ever say the orange sociopath was kind?
17a. Bourgeois Americans, or any Americans with stuff that can be stolen by drug addicts, ought to be afraid. Health care, such as it is, is probably going to be dismantled for the underclasses.
18. I am a kind of alien. I’m not an imposter, like Tr*mp, because I’ve earned my social, educational and economic status, such as it is. But I originate, in part, from people very similar to Tr*mp supporters, and I can tell you now, you middle-class Americans, you are probably in for a load of shock after shock after shock. You thought “pussy” was vulgar? You’ve just turned the kitchen light on four kinds of cockroaches, flea-laden mice and cupboards full of plague-carrying rats. And the smell?!? The garbage? The shit? This man, this person who will sit in the White House, his supporters have WON. These are the kinds of folks who are going to beat you with that information.
19. Four years only, please. The whole world, and many of your fellow Americans, hope four years is enough.
20. Jesse Jackson wasn’t the man. Barack Obama was the man. Hillary Clinton wasn’t the woman. Someone will be the woman. Yes, she will.
21. I lied. What are you going to do about it?